Brazosport Health Foundation Receives $500,000 from Mabee Foundation and Meets $5 Million Goal
The J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation of Tulsa, Oklahoma awarded Brazosport Health Foundation a $500,000 challenge grant. The challenge grant completes the $5 million Cornerstone of Caring Capital Campaign which began in August 2013. The challenge grant and the donations to the capital campaign will be used to help fund the remodel and new construction for the Brazosport Regional Health System’s $15.25 million construction project.
According to Brazosport Regional President and CEO, Al Guevara, “We made application to the Mabee Foundation for financial assistance in February 2014. The Mabee Foundation agreed the construction project was necessary and saw the support from our community with the initial $2 million raised, and issued the challenge.”
The Cornerstone of Caring Capital Campaign Committee includes:
• Dr. Bruce Meyers – Co-Chair, long time community volunteer and BHF Board Member
• Jacque Cundieff – Co-Chair, long time community volunteer and BHF Board Member
• Bill Cornwell, The Facts Newspaper Publisher
• George Franklin, State Farm Insurance Agent and BHF Board Member
• Lucilla Henderson, VP Community Relations & Development at TDECU
• Vicki Melass, All State Insurance Agent and BHF Board Member
• Joe Ripple, Brazoria County Floodplain Administrator and BHF Board Member
• Sharon Rogers, long time community volunteer
• Ravi Singhania, long time community volunteer and BRHS Board Member
• Al Guevara, President and CEO at BRHS
• Judith Pepper, Executive Director at BHF
The Health System’s Fourth Floor will be named in recognition of the Mabee Foundation, The Mabee Foundation Telemetry Unit. Mr. Ray Tullius, Vice President of Mabee Foundation said, “We trust you to be good stewards of these funds and to apply them solely toward the project as set forth in your application. Mabee is honored to receive the naming recognition of the Telemetry Unit.”
Mabee Foundation verified the $4.5 million was raised, meeting the challenge grant and issued a $500,000 check in full satisfaction of their commitment.
The Cornerstone of Caring Capital Campaign is the largest campaign BRHS has undertaken for fund raising. “We are thrilled to have the support and friendship of so many donors in our community,” said Judith Pepper, Foundation Executive Director. “With the $1 million donation from Mike and Leslie Lowrey and the $500,000 donations from BASF, Dow Chemical and Freeport LNG, the remainder of the money came from foundations and other local industry, businesses and private citizens.”
A community acknowledgement event is being planned where all donors will be invited and acknowledged for their gifts.
Vicki Melass, Lucilla Henderson, Judith Pepper, Dr. Bruce Meyers, Jacque Cundieff, George Franklin, Sharon Rogers, Al Guevara